:: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste, Dev Null
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on Droid 4
Hi!

> > > Wiki page how to do the switch would be welcome :-), but I'll try to
> > > figure it out. Do I need to do something special to install the audio
> > > parts?
> >
> > Yeah, we really need a page on -devel. I was somewhat reluctant in the
> > past not to have every user just switch to -devel and then complain wen
> > the system breaks. :-)
> >
> > You need to add this line to apt:
> >
> >     deb https://maedevu.maemo.org/leste beowulf-devel main contrib non-free

> Ok, this was successful, and I have sphone. I found a place where
> phone should have at least weak GSM signal. Ofono is running, but
> modem is not online:

Hmm, so while troubleshooting I removed sphone and can't get it
back. But this is weird:

user@devuan-droid4:~$ sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/ofono_1%3a1.32.5-1+2m7.1_armhf.deb
Selecting previously unselected package ofono.
(Reading database ... 55062 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../ofono_1%3a1.32.5-1+2m7.1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking ofono (1:1.32.5-1+2m7.1) ...
Setting up ofono (1:1.32.5-1+2m7.1) ...
[ ok ] Restarting Bluetooth DUN daemon: dundee.
[ ok ] Restarting oFono Mobile Telephony Daemon: ofonod.
Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1) ...
user@devuan-droid4:~$

user@devuan-droid4:/my/unicsy_demo$ /usr/sbin/ofonod --version
1.31

Is my system very very confused, or was wrong version packaged?

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek