:: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
Author: Alexis PM
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
Debian 11 Bullseye is the last Debian release that supports the non-merged-usr layout.
It is therefore foreseeable that Devuan 4 Chimaera will also be.

Official Debian information:

The historical justifications for the filesystem layout with /bin,
/sbin, and /lib directories separate from their equivalents under /usr
no longer apply today; see the Freedesktop.org summary. Debian bullseye
will be the last Debian release that supports the non-merged-usr layout;
for systems with a legacy layout that have been upgraded without a
reinstall, the usrmerge package exists to do the conversion if desired.

The Technical Committee resolves that Debian 'bookworm' should
support only the merged-usr root filesystem layout, dropping support
for the non-merged-usr layout.
Until after the release of 'bullseye', any implementation of this
resolution must be done in the 'experimental' distribution, or
otherwise kept out of the critical paths for the release of
'bullseye'.