:: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste, Dev Null
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on Droid 4
Hi!

> Sorry for the delayed reply - I changed how I filter my email and didn't
> get updates for this sub directory...

No problem, I was rather busy anyway.

> On 18/10/2021 22:41, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I see bug #27 Call/Phone support was closed with explanation that it
> > should already work.
> >
> > I'd really like to get useful phone on either N900 or Droid4. Bug
> > mentions "sphone" but I could not apt install it, and google search
> > was not useful, either.
>
> sphone should be installable via the -devel repositories. I am not sure
> if it is fully ready for day-to-day usage, but we'd love to have your
> eyes on it too.

Wiki page how to do the switch would be welcome :-), but I'll try to
figure it out. Do I need to do something special to install the audio
parts?

> Uvos (in CC) did most of the work so far.

Thanks a lot!

> > Is working phone possible on D4 or N900? Where should I look?
>
> It is working on the Droid 4, I can confirm. On the N900 it crashes X
> because it forces rotation, but we're working on getting that resolved
> (fixing the N900 display drivers)

I believe there will be more interesting stuff with the N900 in the
audio parts...

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--