:: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on …
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: maemo-leste, Pavel Machek, Dev Null
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on Droid 4
Hi Pavel,

Sorry for the delayed reply - I changed how I filter my email and didn't
get updates for this sub directory...

On 18/10/2021 22:41, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I see bug #27 Call/Phone support was closed with explanation that it
> should already work.
>
> I'd really like to get useful phone on either N900 or Droid4. Bug
> mentions "sphone" but I could not apt install it, and google search
> was not useful, either.

sphone should be installable via the -devel repositories. I am not sure
if it is fully ready for day-to-day usage, but we'd love to have your
eyes on it too.

Uvos (in CC) did most of the work so far.

> Is working phone possible on D4 or N900? Where should I look?

It is working on the Droid 4, I can confirm. On the N900 it crashes X
because it forces rotation, but we're working on getting that resolved
(fixing the N900 display drivers)

Cheers,
Merlijn