:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install: only lo…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: Haines Brown
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install: only low resolution video
Hello Haines,

Your issue isn't about the graphic card, but probably linked to your screen. I
do not know what a Gigabyte Z590 machine is, and can't look it up at the moment,
but I would suggest that you'd research compatibility feedbacks for your
hardware. You'll find something if the machine is being used by members of the
FOSS community and there are serious issues.

On the other hand, make sure that all firmware and drivers for your hardware are
installed. To do that, make sure you have enabled the non-free and contrib
channels in your /etc/apt/sources.list. Then install firmware-linux. It's a
meta-package that should install a broad range of firmware, both free and
non-free. That's for the firmware, as for the drivers, you'll need
xserver-xorg-video-all, that should install everything you need and then more.
You may also need xserver-xorg-video-intel if you GPU is intel. Don't forget to
reboot!

Cheers,
             Ludovic