:: Re: [DNG] FHS deficiencies: Was: Er…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FHS deficiencies: Was: Er, Not that way ? .Re: Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
Le 24/10/2021 à 01:22, Steve Litt a écrit :
> At this point I can't be sure because I run a rolling release, but I
> think ~/Music, Documents and ~/Videos were put there by the distro ---

These are freedesktop crap. You can remove them by editing
$HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs .

Some applications refer to these definitions as a default place to store
files.

Just define those you don't want as the same as an already existing one,
such as $HOME.

I don't know what the purpose of user-dirs.locale is.

It's unfortunate one needs to surf the web to discover this and there is
no tool in the application menu to configure it.

--     Didier