:: Re: [DNG] devuan gitea broken?
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan gitea broken?
On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:39:01 +0200
tito <farmatito@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:59 +1000
> Ralph Ronnquist via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > This one turned out to be that someone (aka me) had mistakenly
> > raised a blanket traffic blockage as a misdirected response to an
> > apparent DoS effect via gitea accesses. Things should be better
> > now, at least until I have another go at dealing with the same
> > problem.
> >
> > Ralph.
>
> Hi,
> whatever you did it fixed the web interface.
> It is speedy now, just loading files in the
> editor is still a little slow but acceptable.
>
> Thanks for your time and effort.

Yeah; if I don't have things to do I create some :)

Btw the favoured way to work with git, both generally and also
for Devuan's git store, is to clone the project into a workspace on your
own machine to edit and commit locally, and then push changes back.
Apart from being slow, editing via the repository browser is error prone
in many ways, especially because it causes a very refined commit history
which reduces its usefulness.

In fact, if you deep dive into the ontological structure that underpins
the notion of version control for collaborative authoring you're likely
to arrive at and take a position to the very question whether editing
while browsing is or is not a contrary idea. I'd say "is".

Ralph.