:: Re: [devuan-dev] Intention to adopt…
Author: Peter Duffy
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Intention to adopt eudev
I saw this mentioned as another possible way forward:

https://github.com/illiliti/libudev-zero

The README is interesting.

The main problem seems to be that it still depends on udev, and is
therefore subject to any changes made in it. One criterion in deciding
which of the possibilities could be the best way forward would be the
degree of dependence on systemd/udev - the less dependence, the less
possibility of an upstream breaking change.