:: Re: [DNG] fresh install of chimaera…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] fresh install of chimaera on an Ultrabook - no touchpad
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:56:16 +0000, g4sra wrote in message
<W3adCzW_NFLZuIKVkhphNZ3WmAp84ruUnsF9GfQehoTUvCH-ggHPJHuh7KNn9tLq_e7jW9u212q7c_SVxhA5LuGBreDEgIC9SdqxJEozlDE=@protonmail.com>:

> <--snip-->
>
> A web search suggests that the following will compensate for the
> hardware issues you are experiencing I do not have your hardware and
> therefore cannot test.....
>
> edit /etc/default/grub and add parameters for i8042
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.notimeout i8042.nomux"

..drop the "quiet" part until you have fixed this issue,
you also might try "verbose" and "debug" for even more
error and warning messages.

..can also be done on a per boot basis; on boot-up, simply
hit "e" to edit "quiet" out of the boot command line,
then just boot to see them thar non-quiet messages.

> then run
> $ sudo update-grub
> and reboot
>
> When done correctly they will show on the kernel command line
> $cat /proc/cmdline
> BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-?.??.???? root=/dev/???? ro quiet splash
> i8042.notimeout i8042.nomux

Scenarios always come in sets of three: