:: Re: [DNG] /run/user/<id>#
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /run/user/<id>#
Hi,

On 31/8/21 19:43, Bob Proulx via Dng wrote:
> Caution: I am not really up to date on the current state of things
> here. I am just pretty sure that that the /run/user stuff is
> configured through PAM and is set up through elogind/logind through
> the/etc/pam.d/* interface somewhere.

|For sure. In debia this tmpfs is created by libpam-systemd, where the
environment variable:|

|XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/<id>|

|is involved.
|

> I remove those entry lines from pam.d files and it avoids that configuration.

Setting a different value for this variable might be enough, or leaving
it empty? I'm in gnuinos right now;
so, I haven't elogind nor consolekit. And the value of XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
is emptyin my system. Hence,
/run/user doesn't exist. Note: $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is not set if the
current user is not the original user of the session.

Hope this helps,

Aitor.