:: Re: [DNG] /run/user/<id>#
Author: Luciano Mannucci
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /run/user/<id>#
On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:41:31 +0000
g4sra via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Not necessarily anything wrong, other than the two machines are not identical.

Well, the hardware is not the same.
The software too, might not be at the same update level, so I just
issued an apt-get update followed by an apt-get dist-upgrade.
I cannot test the results because I cannot reboot the machines now.

> /run/user/xxx is used by session management (and in some corner cases its absence can break dpkg scripts).
>
> You could list all the processes on both machines and then diff them.
> Quick and dirty (and untested :)
>
> local_host# ps -e | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq >/tmp/catch0
> local_host# ssh remote_machine 'ps -e' | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq >/tmp/catch1
> local_host# diff /tmp/catch0 /tmp/catch1

Well, it gives me a lot of differences in kworker/something, and
some difference in samba suite. And a big difference: one is
running Xorg. I think I'll disable it and see if it makes a
difference after next reboot...

Many thanks for your hints,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 02485781 FAX: +39 0248028247