:: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd secur…
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd security bug revealed
Hi

Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:57:44 -0400 - Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> al3xu5 said on Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:33:10 +0200
> >
> >9) Write code to debug and log
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean to write errors and
> warnings to log files, or do you mean something more.

Both.

I do definitely mean that the code should allow debugging (better if at
different levels of depth) during execution, even with a log system. But
this is (should) be the norm of any programming.

More, I mean that debugging / log should cover not only errors and
warning, but be extended to the values of variables, calls etc. -- in
general, that is, debug / log should be related to everything that can
help a better development of the code avoiding (even potentially)
bugs and inconsistencies.

Obviously what all this means in practice depends a lot on the programming
language, and if a development framework is used or not.

( Incidentally, I believe this can be an example of how to evaluate the
capacity of a programmer: to be capable - based on the programming
language, the eventual framework, the complexity of the project etc. -
to find the most appropriate debug / log level, and consequently choosing
the most appropriate debug / log implementation. )

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B