:: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd secur…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd security bug revealed
al3xu5 said on Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:33:10 +0200

>9) Write code to debug and log

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean to write errors and
warnings to log files, or do you mean something more.

>10) Handle all kind of errors

I know that's the *right* thing to do, and I do it often, but sometimes
I skip it because of all the typing, especially with try/except type
stuff.

I've seen, and written code with warning and error routines that
automatically write the date, give whatever text is in the argument,
and exit if necessary. THAT would make full error handling a lot easier.

>11) Document and document and document all the code (vars, functions,
>errors etc. ... all)

I do that: Nobody else does. It really makes things difficult when I
need to work on or with somebody's code.

>12) Write and run accurate tests for each routine and the whole code

Yes!

>13) Clearly specify the license(s) for each piece of code

Yes!

SteveT

Steve Litt