:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Installing postgres…
Author: wirelessduck
To: Gregory Nowak
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Installing postgresql13 on beowulf

> On 19 Jul 2021, at 09:59, Gregory Nowak <greg@???> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 03:46:56PM +1000, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
>> Bionic is an Ubuntu release. You should be using buster-pgdg repository for postgresql apt as Devuan Beowulf is directly based on Debian Buster. Devuan has no direct relationship with Ubuntu.
>
> I don't recall seeing buster in the provided release output, which is
> why I suggested using bionic. If buster is indeed present, and I
> missed it, then buster should indeed be used. Apologies for the confusion.
>
> Greg

Yes, they list all the supported releases on the page at https://apt.postgresql.org which redirects to the wiki at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt.

For those who don’t know, they also distribute postgres extensions and related apps (eg. barman, pspg) and updated libpq/libpq-dev through pgdg apt repository. The one major exception being PgAdmin4, which switched to using its own apt repository.

--
Tom