:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Installing postgres…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Installing postgresql13 on beowulf

> On 18 Jul 2021, at 12:58, Gregory Nowak via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 09:38:13PM -0500, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>> - - - - no mention of Beowulf and that means a - - - no go - - - - at least
>> as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Bionic is based on buster, and therefore similar to Beowulf. If the
> repository has bionic, use bionic if installing on Beowulf.
>
> Greg

Bionic is an Ubuntu release. You should be using buster-pgdg repository for postgresql apt as Devuan Beowulf is directly based on Debian Buster. Devuan has no direct relationship with Ubuntu.

I use the buster-pgdg repositories for all of my postgresql installations, following the instructions on apt.postgresql.org but substituting the lsb_release part for “buster”

--
Tom