:: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabberd
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] Advice sought re: ejabberd
Greetings

I have, at least temporarily, abandoned installing 'Evergreen' - -
library software.

Far too many books around here never mind a huge collection of papers
most often pdfs.

The Evergreen 'system' uses ejabberd as a communication tool and it
would seem to me (new at digging under the hood as it were) that
ejabberd is quite intertwined into this system.

Ejabberd was installed as part of the install but then in the setup
it is necessary to shut it off.
The install workflow used 'systemctl' etc etc as a control
I used 'service ejabberd stop' which worked but when I wanted to
restart the service the complaints started.

Is there a simple way to change this reliance on systemd or is this
something better left to someone who does know what they're doing (not
me - - - grin!)?

TIA