:: Re: [DNG] Refracta have a static IP
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Refracta have a static IP
Bernard Rosset via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Documentation states, for both INET & INET6 families:
> address address
>       Address (dotted quad/netmask) required

> netmask mask
>       Netmask (dotted quad or number of bits) deprecated

> Are we really debating how to configure network addresses without first searching in the man pages?

Hmm, that's new since I last **needed** to look in the man page for it - don't tell me you look at man pages for stuff you already know how to do, each time you do it ?
<looks on system ...> <looks on another system ...> Looks like "deprecated" was added between ascii and beowulf.

Checking my next oldest system (Debian Wheezy), I see that it includes CIDR format. Guess it's a while since I last needed to check the man page for that !

Perhaps it's time for the relevant package to spit out some notice level logging when it hits deprecated options ?

Simon