:: Re: [DNG] Refracta have a static IP
Author: Marjorie Roome
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Refracta have a static IP
On Wed, 2021-07-14 at 18:41 +0000, g4sra via Dng wrote:
<snip>
> If 'NetworkManager' rears its head.....purge with prejudice would be
> my advice.

On the other hand it /is/ quite straightforward to set static IPs if
you /do/ use Network Manager.

All I have in /etc/network/interfaces.d/interfaces is:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

For my desktop computer, in Network Manager, for my SSID in IPV4
settings:

Address: 192.169.1.215
Netmask: 24
Gateway: 192.168.254

Of course your actual machine address and gateway address will vary.

I do also assign my network's static IPs and corresponding MAC
addresses in my Router's Static ARP table. In general anything fixed at
home (desktop, mail server, printer, smart tvs, chromecast, roku, WAP,
etc) has a static IP and portable devices (phones, tablets, cameras,
etc) has a dynamic IP.

--
Marjorie