:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Hi Steve,

On 20/6/21 23:09, Steve Litt wrote:
> Huh? The preceding link appears to be a whole distro. How can I
> download, compile and install*hopman* on my existing Void Linux
> computer?

The unique existent development files of gtk in Void Linux seem to be
3.24 or higher:

http://54.37.137.89/pkgs.void/package/gtkmm
<http://54.37.137.89/pkgs.void/package/gtkmm>

The recently released gtkmm-4 might be implemented sooner o later, but i
guess there is no
plan to do such thing with gtk2. However, i'm trying to develop hopman
in a way that it can be
built either with gtk2 or gtk3, and maybe gtk4 in a non foreseeable future.

Indeed, yesterday i tried to build hopman in gtkmm-3. My first attempt
failed and i needed to make some
changes in the code (available in the git repository). Now it works with
both gtkmm-2 and gtkmm-3,
but the behaviour of the gui is quite different where mouse events is
concerned depending on the chosen
version of gtk, and this adaptation will take me some time to get it
working as expected.

One clarification: my builds with gtk3 were in devuan, but the compiler
failed in Void.
I needed to install base-devel to get g++ working, is it right? I'll try
to deal with the origin of this failure.
> Also, do I need to have to use pmount in order to allow
> hopman to do its thing?

Absolutely not. Runtime dependencies will be a choice of the user. This
is the reason d'être of hopmanrc.

Cheers,

Aitor.