:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
On 6/11/21 7:05 AM, Patrick Bartek via Dng wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:37:13 -0700
> Fred <fred@???> wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/21 1:48 PM, Patrick Bartek via Dng wrote:

>>> I use udisks2 to automount external USB devices.

>> Hi,
>> I found udisks2 installed on the computer that automatically mounts
>> USB devices but there is no man page so I would not know how to use
>> it if installed on the other computer.
>
> Not much to using it: apt-get install udisks2 and everything gets set
> up. I used the defaults. Devices are mounted under /media/"your
> username". If you run a panel, the udisks2 gadget shows up there with
> additional options. Manual unmounting is necessary, but I use only a
> window manager (Openbox) and lxpanel for my GUI, so your mileage may
> vary if you use a desktop environment.
>
> Others have shown you how to access the mans. So, I won't repeat that.

Hello,
I still need some help with this.
I installed udisks2. The last line of the installation dialog showed
what I believe is a warning, maybe of no consequence:

W:
http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libb/libblockdev/libblockdev-crypto2_2.20-7+deb10u1_amd64.deb:
Automatically disabled Acquire::http::Pipeline-Depth due to incorrect
response from server/proxy. (man 5 apt.conf)

The udisksd man page says the daemon is started by dbus-daemon or
systemd. However, it is not started by inserting a USB device. I tried
starting it manually (with USB device inserted) and received this:

root@aragog:/home/fred# /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd &
[1] 523
root@aragog:/home/fred# udisks-Message: 07:27:15.642: udisks daemon
version 2.8.1 starting

** (udisksd:523): WARNING **: 07:27:15.773: failed to load module
mdraid: libbd_mdraid.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
sh: 1: dmidecode: not found

(udisksd:523): udisks-WARNING **: 07:27:15.776: Failed to load the
'mdraid' libblockdev plugin
udisks-Message: 07:27:16.017: Acquired the name org.freedesktop.UDisks2
on the system message bus

If that library file was needed it should have been loaded by the
installer. I don't know what to do from here.

I use openbox and xterms if that info. is needed.

Best regards,
Fred