:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: Patrick Bartek
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:37:13 -0700
Fred <fred@???> wrote:

> On 6/10/21 1:48 PM, Patrick Bartek via Dng wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:49:24 -0700
> > Fred <fred@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a new Beowulf AMD64 install and am having trouble mounting
> >> USB storage devices.
> >>
> >> The USB keyboard and mouse work ok. lsusb shows the storage device
> >> is present. The usbmount program is apparently no longer available
> >> and I haven't been able to find what took its place. I have
> >> another computer that had Debian Jessie installed then was
> >> upgraded to Beowulf x86. It has usbmount and will automatically
> >> mount USB storage devices.
> >>
> >> What do I need to install?
> >
> > I use udisks2 to automount external USB devices.

> Hi,
> I found udisks2 installed on the computer that automatically mounts
> USB devices but there is no man page so I would not know how to use
> it if installed on the other computer.

Not much to using it: apt-get install udisks2 and everything gets set
up. I used the defaults. Devices are mounted under /media/"your
username". If you run a panel, the udisks2 gadget shows up there with
additional options. Manual unmounting is necessary, but I use only a
window manager (Openbox) and lxpanel for my GUI, so your mileage may
vary if you use a desktop environment.

Others have shown you how to access the mans. So, I won't repeat that.