:: Re: [DNG] ifupdown laptop wired/wif…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Didier Kryn
CC: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] ifupdown laptop wired/wifi trick
Hi Didier,

Didier Kryn writes:

> Le 26/05/2021 à 13:54, Olaf Meeuwissen a écrit:
>> I have found that the combination of ifupdown, netplug and wpasupplicant
>> and a bit of tinkering with /etc/network/interfaces and a configuration
>> file for wpa_supplicant satisfies my needs.
>
> Same for me, replacing netplug with ifplugd. I have nothing against
> netplug, just too lazzy to change a working configuration.

If your wired network interfaces match eth*, all that's really needed is
an

apt install --purge netplug ifplugd-

with administrative privileges.

# FYI, ifplugd (and its libdaemon) dependency are by the same author as
# systemd. Whether that means anything is your call but for some people
# that's enough to trigger a knee jerk reaction ;-)
# Details at
# http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/
# http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/libdaemon/

Hope this helps,