:: Re: [devuan-dev] Freenode
Author: wirelessduck
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Freenode

> On 25 May 2021, at 18:23, Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
>
> Quoting Bernard Rosset (bernard+devuan@???):
>
> [Weird stuff that happened on Freenode #svlug, where I was op.
> And, by the way, that's now been fixed.]
>
>> Judging from timestamps... Does that mean there is a bot
>> auto-de-oping and reverting the topic back when Libera Chat is
>> mentioned in the topic?
>
> Honestly, although something peculiar happened there, I'm not prepared
> to jump to the conclusion of malice. Sometimes, weird things just
> happen. But yes, I was tempted to draw that exact conclusion at the
> time it occurred.
>
> There's definitely a lot of ugliness going on, but some of it's
> gratuitous and caused by uncharitable thinking.

I would suggest partial malice at the very least, as the link I posted earlier from Hugo Landau mentions his channel #hntop being forcibly dropped and reregistered just so he is removed as channel admin. Petty and spiteful come to mind here. The bot owning at the end of the article was a good laugh though.

Good to see Devuan and other projects leaving this sinking ship so quickly while rasengan shuffles the deckchairs.

--
Tom