:: [DNG] attempting to migrate from Bu…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] attempting to migrate from Buster to Beowulf
Greetings

For a number of reasons I would prefer to migrate (this machine is a
server test bed (where I experiment)).

Following the 'destrucitons' on:
https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/buster-to-beowulf

I'm totally stuck at:
If you want to use the wicd network manager this needs to be installed
now or the upgrade will fail.

root@debian:~# apt-get install wicd-gtk

I have used dpkg and apt to remove network-manager yet every time I
ask apt to install 'wicd-gtk' I'm getting the following (have
removed/purged the installed files a few times too and dried a reboot
to see if I could clear things this way but - - - ):

$ dpkg -l | grep network*   (pertinent selection)
ii  traceroute                            1:2.1.0-2
            amd64        Traces the route taken by packets over an
IPv4/IPv6 network
iF  wicd-daemon                           1.7.4+tb2-6+devuan1.1
            all          wired and wireless network manager - daemon
iU  wicd-gtk                              1.7.4+tb2-6+devuan1.1
            all          wired and wireless network manager - GTK+
client

# dpkg --configure -a
Setting up wicd-daemon (1.7.4+tb2-6+devuan1.1) ...
Failed to start wicd.service: Unit dbus.socket not found.
invoke-rc.d: initscript wicd, action "start" failed.
\u25cf wicd.service - Wicd a wireless and wired network manager for Linux
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wicd.service; disabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:wicd(8)
dpkg: error processing package wicd-daemon (--configure):
 installed wicd-daemon package post-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of wicd-gtk:
 wicd-gtk depends on wicd-daemon (= 1.7.4+tb2-6+devuan1.1); however:
  Package wicd-daemon is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package wicd-gtk (--configure):
wicd-daemon
wicd-gtk

This is feeling like a gordian knot at present.
Is there anyone who might be able to show me how to beat this issue
into submission?

Please advise soonest (grin - - - I am getting frustrated with this boondoggle!)

TIA