:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf; Increasing the …
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf; Increasing the number of boot options under grub. How To?
On mer, 19 mai 2021, terryc wrote:
> Normally I wouldn't consider it(risk a working system), but having
> recently received two new boxen following the release of majic smoke
> from the mail server, I'm actually in the position to do this on new
> naked hardware. The global chip shortage meant I had to order over-spec
> for a headless server, so the CFO/SWMBO'd's system was migrated to one
> and the other now has the 5700 XT in it( the PS is sufficient X).
>
> I understand the easiest method to install chimaera is a minimal
> beowulf install and the the usual dist-grade route. As outline by
> Florian about a month ago. (TY)

Keep in mind that testing is in hard freeze, as such some package may not
receive security updates. Notably, chromium is still in it's 89 versions. See
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/chromium

Depending on the usage of your system, you may want to make sure software you
use aren't frozen.

Cheers, Ludovic