:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf; Increasing the …
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf; Increasing the number of boot options under grub. How To?
On mar, 18 mai 2021, onefang wrote:
> I recently bought an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT card. Your 5700 might be too
> new for Beowulf, I had to jump through some hoops te get my 5600 working
> fully. Using the 5.10 kernel from Beowulf-backports, Mesa drivers and a
> bunch of related libraries from a third party PPA, and a hack. I now
> have 3D virtual worlds and dual screen working fine. No idea if any of
> that will work for a 5700, since I don't have one.

It has to be underlined that beowulf's mesa packages are two years
old! As such, your somewhat recent graphic card will not have any recent
fixes, or might not enable access to all the features of your hardware.

If you want OpenGL 4.6, you're out of luck.

Switching to devuan testing, chimaera, will solve most issue without
resorting to the usage of ppa and other foolishness.

Cheers,
Ludovic