:: [DNG] Diff between backports and pr…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Diff between backports and proposed upgrades
On Sat, 8 May 2021 00:13:11 -0300
Gastón via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 10:20:23AM +0800, Brad Campbell via Dng wrote:

> > Is there a better way to be able to install the required packages
> > without having to individually name each one and the version?
>
> yes, you can try to do it like this:
>
> apt-get install exim4 -t beowulf-proposed-updates

What is the difference between beowulf-backports and
beowulf-proposed-upgrades?

Of my three recent installations of beowulf-3.1 I noticed after
selecting online mirroring (deb.devuan.org), the first two included
beowulf-backports and the third included beowulf-proposed-updates
in .etc/apt/sources.list.

As proposed updates produced a long list of packages problems, I
swapped to backports.

FIIW, if you want to pulled in all the latest(?) of your packages, a
sudo apt-get -t beowulf-backports upgrade will pull them all in.

Tip, check the list for any old stuff you no longer need and sudo
apt-get purge old-package.