:: Re: [DNG] Gnome 3 Status
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome 3 Status
Hi Mate,

On ven, 09 avr 2021, Mate via Dng wrote:

> My own preference is 3rd Gnome. I can't see it in the official
> supported desktop environments list for the Beowulf release, but my
> testing in virtual machine shows that it works.
>
> Could you please advise me if it's stable enough to use it on a daily
> basis?

To disperse a misconception that you may have, devuan is solely debian
but without systemd. As such, any software not on the list of [banned
package][0] should work as is.

AFAIK the issue with Gnome is that it relies heavily on systemd
components. Thus the choice to not propose it by default. However it
should work just work by using elogind instead of consolekit.

Bests,
Ludovic

[0]: http://deb.devuan.org/bannedpackages.txt