:: [DNG] Advice on a package pinning
Author: Antonio Trkdz.tab
To: [DNG]
Subject: [DNG] Advice on a package pinning
Hello all,

I could use some advice on a package pinning which I have set.
I need a version of ripgrep (>11.0) only available in Ceres repos.
Hence, I enabled the ceres repo in my sources.list file and I pinned all
packages from this release with:

Package: *
Pin: release n=ceres
Pin-Priority: -1

After I enabled the package and its dependencies with:

Package: ripgrep libgcc-s1 gcc-10-base
Pin: release n=ceres
Pin-Priority: 660

With this I installed the intended version of ripgrep. However I am afraid
that the dependencies could cause problems as gcc packages are involved, I
have already seen a warning about outdated binaries during installation.
What do you think? I am doing something wrong here?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Antonio