:: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software…
Author: Dimitris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] web conferencing software (was Re: Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver?)
Στις 10/3/21 8:07 π.μ., ο/η Rick Moen έγραψε:
> What I was talking about upthread was outsourcing one's recursive
> nameservice to OpenNIC's public recursive nameserver IPs, or any other
> stranger's. Because, well, why? Recursive service is dead-easy to do
> with one's local computing resources, protecting one's autonomy,
> security, performance, and privacy just that tiny bit more.

i'm all in for diy, but my house dsl connection isn't helping. i agree,
dns is very easy to setup, but performance-wise is terrible if you're in
some low latency connection...it's slow and so are all queries...
tried that in the past, it's not worth the "torture" of waiting seconds
for a single query.. caching helps, but up to a point.

that's why i'm forwarding to "trusted" no-log policy servers, with some
sort of query encryption (dnscrypt,DoT,torDNS).

2c,
d.