:: Re: [DNG] What does this remind you…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] What does this remind you of?
Le 07/03/2021 à 18:20, tito via Dng a écrit :
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 18:03:30 +0100
> Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 07 March 2021 at 17:59:22, Steve Litt wrote:
>>
>>> See this web page:
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-pattern
>>>
>>> I'd say at least half of the listed anti-patterns are used by
>>> systemd.
>> Very nice.
>>
>> Antony.
>>
> Hi,
> this makes me think of the times when you could startx
> with IceWM on a 1.44 floppy disk. That was simplicity
> and to a certain extent poetry. I personally would scrap:
> dbus
> consolekit
> packagekit
> policykit
> systemd
> apparmor
> selinux
> I am sure I've forgot some other garbage.
>
> P.S.: I'm open to new technologies......
> when they follow a simple rule: less code is better
> as I can understand only as much code as fits
> onto my screen.

    Ciao Tito, I would get rid of all the same if I could. I wrote it to
this list several times, except apparmor I still don't know anything of
- not installed Beowulf yet. And I don't think selinux is forced on
anyone yet. But there is also this feature of file cappabilities and
file extended attributes which started a decade ago and looks like a
nightmare.

--     Didier