:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-03-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-03-04
# Devuan meet 2021-03-04 @20:30 UTC

Present: rrq, alv, plasma41, LeePen, fsmithred, adam, golinux, Xenguy,
Rick Moen

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
* Catching up with ceres/chimaera packaging:
  * New upstream version (246.10) of elogind
  * New version of eudev from gnu_srs
  * Updated sysvinit, pdns-recursor, procps, dbus, rsyslog,
    network-manager, udisks2, pcsc-lite, policykit-1,
    init-system-helpers.
* parazyd made a comment on irc about him acquiring mips64 hardware. Are
  we interested in adding that architecture? (adam) i'm up for
  investigating that after i get regular arm builds settled!

### rrq
* installer-iso/build.sh to build cross-architecture through multi-arch
  and non-root with fakechroot+fakeroot. currently allows targets amd64,
  i386 and ppc64el; the last a problem as it doesn't have syslinux.
  * needs someone to work out the boot setup for ppc64el; possibly
    grub-efi only?
    * (plasma) According to the user's manual for the Talos II
      (https://wiki.raptorcs.com/w/images/e/e3/T2P9D01_users_guide_version_1_0.pdf
      starting around page 67), it uses Petitboot for its boot mechanism
      which is apparently based around kexec. See also
      https://github.com/open-power/petitboot
  * should it be upgraded to build chimaera isos?

### Xenguy
* FSR and I are working on the Buster2Beowulf documentation review, as
  time permits.  This will require more testing, and some time.
  *
    https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/buster-to-beowulf
  * http://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=3044
  * Also an interesting IRC chat around this issue here:
    http://maemo.cloud-7.de/irclogs/freenode/_devuan/_devuan.2021-03-03.log.html
  * https://bpa.st/FNAQ  (mason's notes, expires on the 10th, so capture
    locally)
* golinux, I will arrange to email chillfan, and try to catch up with
  you on IRC this evening to confirm some details.
* Random QOTD:  "Perfection in design is achieved not when there is
  nothing left to add, but rather when there is nothing left to take
  away." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

### golinux
* rrq and Xenguy . . . please talk to mason about a possible rewording
on the keyring webpage.
* Possible upgrade problem with grub:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20210304.162242.f881d3b8.en.html
Also a thread on the forum iirc.

### adam
* https://arm-files.devuan.org/ now contain fresh Beowulf 3.1 SD card
images for Raspberry Pis - RPi0 & 1 (armel), RPi2 (armhf) RPi3 & RPi4
(arm64) - note these are Raspberry Pi Foundation non-mainline kernel
builds (which help with hardware variants). Images are experimental.
Feedback wanted. Regular scripted build in Jenkins planned.

## New Actions

### Xenguy
* See Mason and rrq re: Mason's suggested edit for the 'keyring' page.
* Email chillfan re: buster-to-beowulf page.