:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")

>> Anyway, I'm 1500 miles away from Denver, but if it's a meeting and
>> not
>> a "meetup", I'd like to attend via Jitsi.
>
>This is incentive for me to take another crack at getting a jitsi
>instance running. It will probably take me a couple months to get one
>working since time is limited and there are many things higher on the
>priorities list, but I'll work on that and get back to the list when I
>have that running. Once that's running I'll guage interest again. The
>smaller the group the less formal it's likely to be.

Hi Gabe,

I'm also going to try to get a Jitsi-centric VM running. But you
needn't wait to install Jitsi on your own computer to enjoy Jitsi. For
over a year, GoLUG (my local LUG) has met at https://meet.jit.si/golug,
with pretty good success. Also, in December, I taught a 2 day class
over Jitsi. It worked great, and all the students liked the course.

So while a home-grown installation is all of our goal, until then,
anything on meet.jit.si works pretty darn well, as long as your browser
is Chromium if you're on Linux.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive