:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")
On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 17:29 +0200, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> haven't been in any online key signing parties, only a handful of
> physical ones so far (makes more sense seeing/confirming/trusting in
> person...). but all that, pre-covid...
> to work around the pandemic somehow, i'd probably start with
> git.devuan.org. lots of authenticated devuan devs and users there,
> with
> some gpg keys already available..
>
> jitsi meetings/online pads as public links, break the whole "trust"
> thing.. how do you confirm any visitor there?
>
> a few more links :
>
> - cryptoparty.in is a helpful resource in organizing :
> https://www.cryptoparty.in/organize/howto
>
> - signing-party package
> (https://salsa.debian.org/signing-party-team/signing-party) ,
> contains
> tools to assist in OpenGPG signing parties
>
> 2c,

Thanks Dimitris. After looking at the links, and considering your
input, it seems like localized devuan groups/events are a real good
start to a web of trust. I've been thinking about recently.

I'm guessing we devuaners are spread far and wide... but I'm in
Colorado. I'd be interested in setting up or joining a general meetup
in Colorado Springs or Denver if there was any interest, even one
person. I even happen to know a good burger joint or two that do not
require masks if that would appeal to anyone, but they're not in Denver
or Springs.

I'm a newb at any type of linux meetup, web of trust or otherwise, in
case that's not obvious. But, if anyone is in the area and wants to
meetup, talk about Devuan and get to know each other, I'm interested.

Gabe