:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid4: USB host …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Ivan J.
CC: tony, sre, merlijn, phone-devel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid4: USB host works in Leste
On Sat 2021-02-20 21:41:10, Ivan J. wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 06:08:45PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I played with USB host and Maemo Leste, and it works with recently
> > packaged kernel:
> >
> > devuan-droid4 5.10.4 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 18 21:56:35 UTC 2021
> >
> > USB devices are only detected when you plug them in. If you plug
> > dongle first, then device to the dongle, it does not work.
> >
> > Mouse, keyboard and mass storage seems to work.
> >
> > It is probably possible to charge the battery and use USB host at the
> > same time. Good.
> >
> > DisplayLink and USB ethernet does not, as the modules are missing.
> >
> > Could I get Leste to build neccessary modules? Turning phone into
> > usable desktop computer sounds like fun.
> >
> > I'd need:
> >
> > CONFIG_USB_NET_AX8817X=m
> > CONFIG_DRM_UDL=m
>
> hmm, I thought usbnet was fine in Leste.

Apparently there are many different types of usbnet devices, and I
have this one...

> I will check this soon and add these modules. By the way, for -devel
> I recently built 5.11, but I haven't changed anything in the kernel
> config.

It would be interesting to try, yes. 5.10 has various problems 5.9 did
not have (rebooting when on USB power), perhaps 5.11 has different
problems :-).

Best regards,
                                Pavel

--