:: Re: [DNG] monit logwatch fail2ban
Author: Marjorie Roome
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] monit logwatch fail2ban
Hi Erich,

On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 14:24 +0100, Erich Minderlein via Dng wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have migrated a small home server from debian buster to devuan
> beowulf.
> It was a new install, but I compared/copied /etc and copied the
> server /var/www
> It was rather flawless.
> However before the package monit was used as intermediate function
> beween fail2ban and logwatch.
> This is not part of the devuan packages.
> Now I miss the section fail2ban in the logwatch daily mail
>
> Is there an adapted solution to this ?

I'm running Beowulf with Monit and fail2ban and they both work.
They /are/ both in the Devuan repositories, and don't depend on
systemd, so shouldn't be any different from Debian.
I am using fail2ban with nftables, not iptables, though it can be
configured to work with either.

And I am using the backported version of Monit (1.5.27) as the https
interface in 1.5.26 doesn't report bytes written or read.

I don't have logwatch.

--
Marjorie