:: Re: [DNG] motherboard BIOS update
Author: Mason Loring Bliss
To: Fred
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] motherboard BIOS update
On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 12:38:31PM -0700, Fred wrote:

> fwupd.org doesn't work with Gigabyte.

It's be worth reaching out to Gigabyte and saying "I'm a customer, and I'd
like you to support fwupd". Looking at the list of companies that support
the mechanism, it's clearly not a fly-by-night operation - it would be a
way for Gigabyte to gain credibility and expand their customer base for
effectively no effort.

The fwupd folk would be quite happy to start working with Gigabyte, and
have, as I understand it, reached out to them already, but Gigabyte needs
to engage with them.

--
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@???     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped