:: Re: [DNG] Finding installed package…
Author: Pontus Goffe
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Finding installed packages, but from a backup
Not sure this is exactly what you are after but I have a cron job that runs:
dpkg --get-selections | grep -v "deinstall$" | grep -v "hold$" | grep
"install" | awk '{print $1;}'
and put the output in a file that I backup or grab, i.e.
~/selections-$(hostname).txt.

The file is usually just a reference but it could be fed to apt after a
minimal install to produce a new similar system.
//PG