:: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste: End …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste: End of year update
Hi!
> >> We've just finished our Maemo Leste end of year update, you can find it
> >> here:
> >>
> >> https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-leste-fourteenth-update-july-august-september-october-november-december-2020.html
> >
> > Thanks for update.
> >
> > I'm really interested in clock/alarm support. I updated Droid4 to
> > latest with apt update/upgrade, but could not get it to work. I
> > flashed fresh N900 with maemo-leste-1.0-armhf-n900-20201227.img.xz,
> > but could not get alarm to work either.
> >
> > Hints welcome. (Can alarm dialog be launched from the command-line?)
>
> Alarms do work for me in the sense that I can get the UI dialog to show
> at the right time. Via "Clock", I just add a new alarm for the next
> minute, and then wait.

I don't get any of that. I click on time in standby mode. Menu appears
(Battery, clock&alarms, profile, internet connections, orientation
lock). I click on clock&alarms, and nothing happens. I did not figure
out how to open it from command line, either

I don't have osso-calculator, either.

> > Timezone selection and other improvements seem to work okay, thanks
> > especially for the qalendar!
>
> You're welcome. I've observed some problems with it still that we'll
> have to fix in time:
>
> 1. Seems to just crash after a while (timer related, probably simple fix?)
> 2. Scrolling stops working in some widgets some times
> 3. Scrolling doesn't yet work in the day/time selection widgets, making
> it very painful to select some later/earlier time/days.
>
> But the synchronisation works, so that's cool!

I noticed that scrolling does not work in "select time" dialog, so you
can select 00:00 to 06:06 but not later (but keyboard can work around
that) and that clicking on New event|Alarm 1 hour before|dialog has
too low "Hours/Minutes/Seconds" fields, so that values are
truncated. Otherwise ok.

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--