:: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste UI porting …
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: maemo-leste
New-Topics: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste UI porting for N900
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Leste UI porting for N900
Hi Raanan,

On 25/12/2020 13:12, Raanan Elefant wrote:
> Anyone know how much work (aprox.) would be involved? I'd really like to
> get calls and sms working.

It depends a bit on the route we take. On the N900, as Pavel said, sms
works, phone call audio needs work to sound OK / at all, but that is not
UI work.

For the UI, we will have to try to mimic (somewhat) what Fremantle does,
and leverage the Telepathy and rtcom-eventlogger frameworks. The former
is pretty standardised and does work with sms/calls to some degree on
our devices already (albeit with some manual setup), the latter we still
have to work on.

We're aiming to use gtk2 initially for our UI, because of it's low
footprint and hildon port, but maybe switch to Qt5 if it becomes too
cumbersome to write. We could either take inspiration directly from the
Fremantle UI binaries, or try to come up with something ourselves.

Neither is trivial, but with persistence, quite achievable. If you have
experience with C/GTK or C++/Qt5, we could use your help for sure.

But there is more work to be done than just UI work, as well, is what
I'm trying to say.

Cheers,
Merlijn