:: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for persistent network interface names
Hi Tito,

On 24/12/20 14:24, tito via Dng wrote:
>   BTW: I noticed during my test that even pci bus numbers can
>           change wildly in the predictable names case (vs MACS,
>           if I recall it correctly).
>           I thought that being tied to soldered sockets on the motherboard
>           they were immutable. Are they numbered on a first come
>           first served basis? or where is my error?

The following code is supposed to list the mac addresses together with
the assigned names of
all your network devices:

https://www.gnuinos.org/if2mac/ <https://www.gnuinos.org/if2mac/>

There is a lot of superfluous code on that, because i've just taken it
from the backend of simple-netaid.
Since it's has been tested only in the case of an unique wired device
and an unique wireless device (my case),
please can you say if it works fine for you? If so, does the output in
the command line matches your desired order?
You need to install libiw-dev, and you can build it via:

$ gcc if2mac.c -o if2mac -liw

Thanks in advance,

Aitor.