:: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for persistent network interface names
Le 19/12/2020 à 17:20, aitor a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On 19/12/20 15:22, tito via Dng wrote:
>> is this a database generated at runtime about the devices of the
>> current machine or just a collection of hardware ids/info?
>> In the latter case couldn't we let the udev/systemd people do the
>> work and use their database?
>
> It's the second one.

Yep, and this is another issue: since udev/systemd is the master of this
database, they can change it  anytime; I mean not only the data, but the
format.

This is a domain where there is no standard. Even sysfs, the access to
which is part of libudev, isn't stable, which is a good excuse for not
documenting libudev.

But all this is just rant and scare, sorry.

--    Didier