:: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for…
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] if2mac init.d service for persistent network interface names
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 11:40:31 -0800
Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> wrote:

> On 2020-12-18 21:28, tito via Dng wrote:
>
> > I love physical connections therefore I prefer NICs over Wifi, so 12
> > of them are not so much (a few clients, a server, pos, couple of
> > printers, Nas, cash register, 2 modems...)
>
> No quarrel with the rest of your post, but I would do this with just
> one Ethernet interface on the router and then switches / hubs for
> everything else.

Yep, at work I have a 24 port unmanaged switch,
but still use some ports on the router for dual Wan
(as single Wan could be very unreliable here) and
the other ports as a fallback should the switch
go belly up (lightning and spikes in Voltage happen also often)
at home I need to reduce the number of boxes (have a lot...,
like to tinker) so router and switch all in one is a good thing
and leaves more place for my wife's books in the shelves ;-)

Ciao,
Tito