:: Re: [DNG] Obviousness (was: Let's E…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Obviousness (was: Let's Encrypt (was: snapd in Devuan? Dependency on systemd...))
Quoting Bernard Rosset via Dng (dng@???):

> >It makes me sad that this view is deemed 'contrarian'. As a sysadmin, I
> >consider it obvious common sense.
>
> I have no idea if it is contrarian or if it is the silent majority
> of opinions. However the opinion being more vocal definitely seems
> to be the one encouraging TLS encryption.

It makes me very sad to contemplate that you think I denigrated or
discouraged TLS encryption, as I certainly nowhere did. I could have
sworn that I was clear that I encourage it, and in any event was _very_
clear that I was addressing the huge problems with the CA
infrastructure, which is a different thing entirely, and has nothing at
all to do with the merits of TLS or any other form of encryption.

I'm sorry that you so thoroughly misunderstood what I said. Oh well.