:: Re: [DNG] Oldstable and Archive tim…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Oldstable and Archive timing expectations?
On 2020-12-04 02:26, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 12/4/20 10:47 AM, golinux@??? wrote:
>> On 2020-12-03 19:39, Simon Walter wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> First of all, sorry if I missed this in the docs somewhere. I had a
>>> look
>>> around the website and particularly
>>> https://www.devuan.org/os/releases
>>> has no info.
>>>
>>> When can I expect oldstable to move to archived? I suppose I should
>>> keep
>>> an eye out for a Chimaera BETA announcement and then change is
>>> imminent.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>> When chimaera stable 4.0 is released, ascii will become oldoldstable
>> and archived. That won't be happening anytime soon afaik.  We do have
>> a beowulf point release in the works.
>>
>> golinux
>>
> I have a lot of systems running ascii and no plan to upgrade them yet.
> don't want to upgrade when ascii is archived but before. Do you think 6
> more months of ascii support a safe bet?

You might want to have a look at Debian's release schedule:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases

Stretch will not go to oldstable status until Bullseye is released and
there is not even release date set yet for that to happen. Devuan's
release of Chimaera will be sometime after Bulleye becomes stable. No
way ATM to guesstimate when in 2021 that will happen.

golinux