:: [DNG] Ubuntu without systemd?
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Ubuntu without systemd?
Hi.

Before I started using Devuan as my standard distribution, I was converting
Debian systems from systemd to sysvinit (Jessie and Stretch), and for servers
without a graphical desktop environment, this worked perfectly well.

Does anyone know whether the same thing can be done starting from Ubuntu?

I ask because I've looked at both Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 systems, and I simply
don't see the expected sysvinit packages available - I wonder if they've been
eliminated entirely, rather than just not installed by default as Debian does.

Any suggestions / guidance / pointers?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
If I needed my own advice, I wouldn't give it to others.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.