:: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are los…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are losing the power of add-ons.
Dear All,

Lately, I am noticing Waterfox has lost the ability to display my
add-ons, which are AdGuard AdBlocker and NoScript. I had about two
more in the past, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to have
any that work. My preferences are an ad-free internet experience, or
at least, if not entirely ad-free, with intrusive adds blocked, and a
font rendering with a large than normal font size. The latter, is
provided by Waterfox itself, but adds are favoured to intrude and
steal bandwidth and processing power which I do not have much of.

I would like to ask whether a software proxy running on the same
machine would be able to provide adequate ad filtering. I have
iptables installed, but it is not configured and configuration
requires some networking knowledge which unfortunately I do not have.
I tried to find a GUI front end for iptables, but failed to find what
is suitable for my very limited networking knowledge.

If you have other solutions which I did not think of, please suggest
them. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Edward.