:: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and pas…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux's sucky cut and paste: was: problematic mouse driver?
Le 20/11/2020 à 11:22, Ludovic Bellière a écrit :
> vim, just like emacs, is an old software using old paradigms. They use
> their own buffers to copy and paste content, unrelated to the X window
> system. They can be made to store the text to an external buffer though.

    Nevertheless, under many applications like Emacs, Lyx, and I guess
Vim, the primary X-window buffer substitutes to keyboard input when
pressing the central button. Which doesn't work on Scribus. In Firefox
it does substitute, but not everywhere, eg when you're asked to enter
twice your email address. Seems there is something in html forms which
allows to select different behaviours for different fields.

-- Didier