:: Re: [DNG] problematic mouse driver?
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] problematic mouse driver?
Le 18/11/2020 à 00:50, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 05:54:45PM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
>> I infer from those kind enough to answer that my problem getting the
>> mouse to paste what it scanned is not unusual. When the problem shows
>> up again I'll try to paste with both mouse buttons rather than the
>> button.
> I've always had difficulty pressing both buttons close enough that the
> computer recognises them as being at the same time. Also, I think there's
> some kind of mouse configuration that is required for this to work.
>
> -- hendrik

    I never had this problem - for decades. Neither with mouses nor with
the touchpad of my laptop, on which I need to click both buttons to
emulate the central one. I'd suggest buying a new mouse.

    Cut-and-paste problems exist though. Cuting in a text processor like
libreoffice records some markup. When I don't want it, I first paste
into an xterm or into Emacs, and then cut again. Simple mouse-cut does
not paste into (eg) Scribus; you need to cut the text from some
application which handles Ctrl-C,or a menu-cut eg a web browser.

--

        Didier