:: Re: [DNG] X11: safe to remove?
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] X11: safe to remove?

> On 5 Oct 2020, at 04:23, tempforever via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all of your responses. I did successfully remove it, with no
> ill side effects to be seen so far. In my particular case, I don't use
> java, or, apparently, other things that depended on X11. Not sure it
> was actually necessary to remove (it wasn't) but at the very least I did
> free up a little bit of disk space. :-)

If in doubt next time, you can pass the “-s” argument to apt/apt-get to simulate what would happen and which packages get removed without actually removing anything. You can then inspect the all packages to be removed to ensure you don’t need any of them. If all looks ok then you run the remove/purge again without “-s” to do the actual removal.